This post has been back-dated by one year to keep it off the front page of my blog.
For sale, cheap. Older system parts to build a modest or first learning system:
- Intel Core i7-950 Processor
- ASUS Sabertooth X58 Motherboard
- 12GB DDR3 Memory
- Liquid Cooler with one fan.
- Nvidia GTX 470 Graphics Card – Still Supported by Nvidia Drivers for Windows 10.
- System is Licensed by Microsoft for Windows 10. Experience suggests that Activation will occur automatically when system is installed and connected to internet.
- Motherboard supports USB-3.
What is NOT INCLUDED:
- Case of your choice for ATX motherboard.
- Power Supply suitable for the system. Suggest 500W or greater. Suggest Modular or Semi-modular power supply.
- System Storage device. Suggest SSD 256GB or greater. Sata 2.5″ required. Prices for 500GB is about $45 on Newegg at present time.
- Any additional SSD or HD storage devices.
- DVD or BluRay Drive of your choice. Not required.
- And of course, monitor, keyboard and mouse.
System can be installed and maintained using Thumbdrive storage.
CPU and Motherboard
Motherboard includes CPU, Memory and Manual is provided.
Cooler and Fan
Cooler includes clamp for Correct Intel Socket and fan.
Graphics card is older model, but still supported for Windows 10 by Nvidia Drivers. DVI outputs can be easily converted to HDMI or Display Port monitors with cable converters.
System was listed on Craigslist in October 2021.
For sale $100 plus shipping. Pickup near Coos Bay, Oregon avoids shipping costs.