This post has been back-dated by one year to keep it off the front page of my blog.
For sale, cheap. Older system parts to build a modest or first learning system:
- Intel Core i7-950 Processor
- ASUS Sabertooth X58 Motherboard
- 12GB DDR3 Memory
- Liquid Cooler with one fan.
- Nvidia GTX 470 Graphics Card – Still Supported by Nvidia Drivers for Windows 10.
- System is Licensed by Microsoft for Windows 10. Experience suggests that Activation will occur automatically when system is installed and connected to internet.
- Motherboard supports USB-3.
What is NOT INCLUDED:
- Case of your choice for ATX motherboard.
- Power Supply suitable for the system. Suggest 500W or greater. Suggest Modular or Semi-modular power supply.
- System Storage device. Suggest SSD 256GB or greater. Sata 2.5″ required. Prices for 500GB is about $45 on Newegg at present time.
- Any additional SSD or HD storage devices.
- DVD or BluRay Drive of your choice. Not required.
- And of course, monitor, keyboard and mouse.
System can be installed and maintained using Thumbdrive storage.Continue reading “Core i7-950 System Parts”