The BlizzConn 2015 Legion Game System Panel gave a lot more detail about the content of the Legion Expansion and the other game system changes that are occurring with the expansion.
See below for a link to the video as well as a summary of the information:
Legion Game Details
The panel discussed the following Legion Expansion Details:
- Artifact Weapons – Acquisition, upgrading, looks, and customization.
- Class / Order Halls – Design and features.
- Demon Hunter – Acquisition and starting area overview.
Global Game Changes with Legion Expansion
As with every expansion, Wow is making a lot of global game changes that will change the game for everyone, whether or not they purchase the expansion. Personally, I have not played in a long while and purchased Pandaria, but not Warlords of Draenor. These changes seem important enough that I may go back to the game just for these changes and await WoD becoming free.
- Death Knight Runes simplified.
- Fury Warrior changes.
- Arcane Mage changes.
- Survival Hunter changes to Melee class.
- Discipline Priest changes.
- Subtlety Rogue changes.
- Demonology Warlock changes to remove metamorphosis.
- Guardian Druid changes to enhance tanking.
- Shadow Priest to incorporate Insanity mechanic.
Major Rework of Talents
- Professions Enhancements
- More Content
- Shared gathering nodes.
- Recipe ranks.
- Obliterium – huh?
Major Glyphs Removed
- Changes to allow more minor glyphs.
- Allow as many specs as you like.
- Duplicate Personal loot can be traded.
- Transmog becomes “Wardrobe”. Account wide list of all armor every seen or might have been seen in any previous quest. All un-chosen options are included.
- Outfits can be built and swapped, and locked to a spec. Outfits can be traded – whether or not the receiver has all the items.
- This sounds like a better version of Guild Wars 2 Wardrobe without the “Transmutation Charges” although the video does not include details. It seems unlikely that Transmute charges will be required since that does not make sense with Outfits.
- Wardrobes include weapon enchant looks, shirts and tabards.
Here is the BlizzCon 2015 Game System Panel video.
Enjoy – ww