What were you doing when the problem occured[sic]?:
I’m trying to filter out game or other updates from my friends in my news feed. I clicked on the drop down menu to the right of a story and chose unsubscribe, from whatever it was – game update or photo update. And observed that the post changed to a confirmation that I wouldn’t see those anymore. Then when I return to that page, or refresh the page, all the stories that were filtered out reappeared. Looks like it’s totally broken, dude. Hey dude, make this work, please. [just trying to use age appropriate language, dude or dudesse.]
What did you expect to happen?:
I expected them to stay filtered out.
What actually happened?:
If I come back to the news feed, or refreshed the page, the filtered stories reappeared as if I had done nothing. BTW, takes too long to upload a picture for this post. That seems to be stuck too. And if I’m going to tell you about a bug, then you need to allow more than one pic, like before and after or before during and after.
Microsoft Security Essentials Definitions 1.115.410.0 shows a false positive for a virus in LibreOffice as it installs on windows. Here are the details:
Click for a larger view.
Somehow I made a background color I like but the only way I can copy it is to copy the rows. Don’t we need to be able to set any color, and see which color is set?
Did I miss it?
Here’s an example. What color did I use for the rows?
There is an issue with display of tomtom way points in the compass circle map. As you get closer they move on the compass map.
Here’s an example:
World of Warcraft has a free to play starter edition with restrictions. Some are:
- No Trading. They are preventing trial accounts from being used as farmers apparently.
- Can’t invite players to Groups [Parties].
- Can’t whisper unless they are a friend.
- Can’t use mailbox. Again the farming problem.
- Not all races are available.
- Characters are capped at level 20 out of 85.
But you can have up to 10 characters per account so you can explore a lot of the world and figure out how things work.
Add Ons EcoSystem
World of Warcraft has a huge ecosystem of AddOns that add and change functions of the program. I needed a way to see my coordinates on the map to match up with quest descriptions. There are a ton of map addons so I chose a simple one. You can find TomTom here and comment on it here.
Compass without TomTom
Compass with TomTom
Here’s the compass of Wow without TomTom – Where Am I? With TomTom no problem I get the coords at the bottom. Continue Reading
Update: Problem found. In BIOS DISABLE Limit CPUID MaxVal – Set Limit CPUID MaxVal to 3. Should be Disabled for Win XP. I had enabled this when I enabled VT-X support. VirtualBox works fine now. I have updated to Vbox 4.0.8 by installing from their PPA, but VirtualBox 4.0.4 OSE from Ubuntu PPA probably works just fine too. Both Ubuntu x86 and x64 guests work fine on Ubuntu x64 host.
Host: Ubuntu 11.04 x64 – VirtualBox-OSE 4.04 r70112 installed via package manager.
Guest: Ubuntu 11.04- but I never get that far.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400. with VT-X extensions. Enabled in BIOS.
- How can the problem be found?
- What can be tried to get this going?
Guest is as follows: Guest_Ubuntu_32bit_Config
I recently upgraded to Firefox 4 on ubuntu 10.04. I did this by setting the ppa as described in many places: For example:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/firefox-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
After doing this, firefox has been working for many days just fine. On several of my systems [ 3 of my systems ]. Now I come back to one of my 10.04 systems and find that the menus of firefox are unresponsive. They do not work at all. The book marks do not work. Processor is not busy. Plenty of memory. Network is working fine. If I type into the google search bar and type enter I get a page and I can navigate from there, but the menus and bookmarks are totally unresponsive.
What gives? I have rebooted the system and nothing changes. Menus work fine in other apps, for example System Monitor. and the Window Manager menus are fine. Menus work fine in the web pages. Bookmark menus highlight, they do not pull down. Menus on the menu bar do not pull down. Toolbar buttons work fine.
I fixed the problem by starting firefox in a terminal. Works when you start it that way, and works fine afterward. This problem was reported by me ages ago ( i forgot actually). http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=10081127#post10081127
Back in Nov 2010. Strange. but the bug is still with us after all this time.
see attached troubleshooting info:
I’m trying to use Debreate 0.6.5-1 on Ubuntu 10.04 to build a package. I’m new to package building. Can you help with where I’m going wrong?
I have some comments on Debreate:
- I can’t find a tutorial. Looks like a great program. But it’s not obvious how to use it.
- I’d like an option that takes a whole tree – like Packin does – and builds the package from that. The features that are present look interesting, but are not clear and may not match my requirements, whereas, the Packin method would seem to work for all requirements.
- Does Debreate build a .desktop file, or require that you have one? If it builds one that’s great. But I couldn’t get that far since the build failed. Not clear how to do a build, or what those paths are. Error is obviously not very helpful.
- It’s complex to fill out all the tabs in Debreate, and I’m likely to want to build a package many times to test it. How about the ability to save ALL the information in the tabs to a file. I thought that’s what the control file was until I looked at it. Maybe the control file could contain “Comments” that contained the rest of the information if the control file is for something else. Maybe the control file is used by the package installer, but that was never clear, since the use of Debreate appears to assume that I know all about packages before I start.
Just images I’ve uploaded to put into game forum posts by linking here.
A Dangerous Crop Quest is Bugged
Chains are pretty interesting. They are Skill Macros.
Chain with Pickup
I’d like a sequence to end with a PickUp to grab the loot automatically.
Here’s the Chain I have, and it works, except that the Pickup never happens.