SourceForge is broken and looks like this, but only for FireFox 32 and only on one of my four Win7 x64 machines. Works fine on MSIE 11, and Linux Mint 17, FFox 32 on VirtualBox on the same machine.
Many things do not fix this problem:
- Clear the entire browser cache, history, and sourceforge only or all cookies.
- Mess with various settings in Ghostery and block and unblock many of the trackers. With the same tracker block profile on other machines those work fine.
- Remove any unnecessary plugins and extensions. LastPass, Ghostery and Flash are the only ones left on all the machines. No difference.
- Uninstall and re-install FireFox.
- Flush the DNS cache.
- Reboot the system.
No joy after all of these attempts. Anybody got an idea to fix this?
Update: 11 Sept 2014 All fixed. Who knew. Maybe some mirror had a bad CSS file. Anyway. All better now. No clue why one of my systems was bad, and why clearing the cache and cookies didn’t fix it. Sigh… Summer lightning.
The Allods crash reporter fails. I had a crash yesterday and the process failed to send the report. And today when I launched Allods, the reported tried again.
These instructions let you figure out what is overheated about your system so it can be fixed.
Installed Linux Mint 15 RC on Virtual Box 4.2.12 on Windows Host.
- Mint system hung after install / reboot when update was running. Recovery required CTRL/ALT/DEL to get back to windows. Cursor still moved, but system did not respond. Reset required to bring back Virtual Machine.
- Comix cursors did not show correct transparency. Dark gray box was around cursor at all times.
Log files from Virtual Box are here:
Support post I can’t hide here. Continue Reading
What were you doing when the problem occured[sic]?:
I’m trying to filter out game or other updates from my friends in my news feed. I clicked on the drop down menu to the right of a story and chose unsubscribe, from whatever it was – game update or photo update. And observed that the post changed to a confirmation that I wouldn’t see those anymore. Then when I return to that page, or refresh the page, all the stories that were filtered out reappeared. Looks like it’s totally broken, dude. Hey dude, make this work, please. [just trying to use age appropriate language, dude or dudesse.]
What did you expect to happen?:
I expected them to stay filtered out.
What actually happened?:
If I come back to the news feed, or refreshed the page, the filtered stories reappeared as if I had done nothing. BTW, takes too long to upload a picture for this post. That seems to be stuck too. And if I’m going to tell you about a bug, then you need to allow more than one pic, like before and after or before during and after.
Microsoft Security Essentials Definitions 1.115.410.0 shows a false positive for a virus in LibreOffice as it installs on windows. Here are the details:
Click for a larger view.
There is an issue with display of tomtom way points in the compass circle map. As you get closer they move on the compass map.
Here’s an example:
World of Warcraft has a free to play starter edition with restrictions. Some are:
- No Trading. They are preventing trial accounts from being used as farmers apparently.
- Can’t invite players to Groups [Parties].
- Can’t whisper unless they are a friend.
- Can’t use mailbox. Again the farming problem.
- Not all races are available.
- Characters are capped at level 20 out of 85.
But you can have up to 10 characters per account so you can explore a lot of the world and figure out how things work.
Add Ons EcoSystem
World of Warcraft has a huge ecosystem of AddOns that add and change functions of the program. I needed a way to see my coordinates on the map to match up with quest descriptions. There are a ton of map addons so I chose a simple one. You can find TomTom here and comment on it here.
Compass without TomTom
Compass with TomTom
Here’s the compass of Wow without TomTom – Where Am I? With TomTom no problem I get the coords at the bottom. Continue Reading