I didn’t decorate my house this year for Christmas, but I did decorate in SL. I visited a Azure Isles [development where I live in SL] Christmas party and picked up a tree and the candy canes. Made the balls myself 🙄 just needed to apply color and shine them up. My video card does a very nice job of supporting the shine and bump. Or should I say that SL supports the modern standards for shine and bump. Anyway, they look pretty good. No light strings – which I could have done. And no garlands… Took about 10 minutes… But the tree sways in the wind, and the balls stay put, sooooo… Click for the large pics.
I accidentally typed a key and got “Wireframe mode” in Second Life today… This has been discussed at length here. And of course, now I know how to get out of that mode without rebooting the SL client. Turns out that my Screen Capture takes CTRL/SHIFT-R as “Region Cut” so somehow it got through and SL caught it. It’s usually trapped by the Screen Cap program. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures you might find interesting. And as always, click on a pic for a full size image:
This page does not work with Firefox, as far as I can tell… The embedded Real Player does not play the video, it displays a bunch of text, which looks like it might be the media file. The page works fine in MSIE. I’ve reported the condition to the Firefox authorities. 🙄
This tutorial shows you how to set up Secure Email using Outlook Express and a free Digital ID or certificate.
Continue reading “Secure Email Setup”
And finally another style of video where the author cut a movie and then put it to a rhythm track. Apparently…
And here’s another LOTR where we use LOTR footage for a music video:
So maybe after watching these, you get You Tube too… Great fun. I’m a fan.
Here’s another video in another style. This one is a music video cut from anime or a video game or both and put to the music of a completely different style. Enjoy,
I was in SLProfiles.com where SL’ers meet and a fellow send me a note and on his profile page was a video by Weird Al Yankovic.
Well I found the video on YouTube and confirmed that it was Weird Al. You can watch it there or on the next page.
Caution: The following pages contain videos with sound. So adjust your volume. The videos do not start automatically when the pages load. Enjoy.
Checkout the new release.
- Fix size of sphere and check size of rest of the shapes between max and SL. All seem ok.
- Enhance exporter for better error handling and saving multiple files to control maximum size of the output file. The file size is limited to about 64 primitives so that the 64K notecard limit is not exceeded. Files are labeled _1, _2 etc.
UPDATE: the latest is now 0.9.27. Follow forum link to download the latest.
At last. Here is a version that might be worth trying.
I’ve tested it with a few objects, and as you can see, it works to a large extent:
The smoke test finally created 6 objects. And then I tried it with a larger set of objects.
Continue reading “Second Life Max Prims 26/27”
Here’s a progress report on the Second Life Prims for Max.
- It’s beginning to work.
- Not ready for prime time for sure… But it’s beginning to draw shapes.
- Boxes, cylinders work with cuts and hollow.
- Spheres don’t work. And tori and other shapes have not even been tried.
- The GUI has not changed very much, but it’s not completely fixed at this point.
- You will need to configure the viewpoints as “Force 2 sided” to use the primitive at this point. Some of the faces are pointed the wrong way.