BTW, I have no idea why this system shows an Alienware Logo in the System Control Panel. I have completely swapped out the guts of this system and reinstalled a new copy of Windows 7.
I just upgraded this system to Windows 10 using the DVD burned last time and did the following steps:
- Backup everything on the system drive from C:\Users\Yournamehere\My Documents etc., if not to another system, at least to one of the data drives.
- Uninstall any crufty old programs that I’m not going to need in the new world.
- Make a record of all the things you have installed by taking screenshots of the “Programs and Features” control panel list.
- Download the latest Nvidia drivers for the card for both Win 7 x64 and Win 10 x64.
- Update the [Nvidia 560ti in this case] driver to the latest and greatest for Win 7 x64.
- Run setup from the Windows 10 DVD.