So, what if you need to purchase a new computer today?
Let’s assume you are of modest means and modest needs. Not a gaming system. Just something to use the web, and documents.
Modern CPU – Intel or AMD. Core i-5 or better. Released in last two years.
- 32GB Memory – More than minimum since we want this system to last a few years.
- 1TB of Storage. Solid State Disk for system. Only an SSD of 1TB, or a smaller SSD and a HD if necessary to bring total to 1 TB.
- No graphics Card. Use a processor with Graphics built in since we are saving money and are not “Gaming”.
- DVD not required but nice. DVD media have been replaced by “Thumb Drives” these days.
- Modern connection for a monitor. Display Port or HDMI.
- Hard Wired Ethernet cable. Adding WiFi is ok, but Hard Cable is a requirement.
- A Real Power Supply. Not a Brick like a Laptop.
- Expandable if that does not cause too much in higher prices.
Let’s see what we can find.Continue reading “Buy or Build New Computer?”